It’s Monday once more and you know what that means by now.
Rendering? I’m happy with it. Could have a few more renders, but it has been one of those days with all kinds of little things to take care of. I’m somewhere around 300 renders at the moment, so I’m not complaining.
Writing? It’s about where I want it to be. It is a bit weaving between things. Gorgons are fairly straightforward: earn their trust and they will give their lives for you if need be. Fiery Fangs? They’ve been screwed over by "high-ranking people" too many times, so there is a lot more dialogue variance in a sense. But nothing too big overall. But as always, writing isn’t something I’m concerned about. And no preview today, I only have spoilery stuff left that I don’t want to spoil...
So... yeah. I had several messages over the weekend regarding this, so let me put it this way. Speculation is fine, talking about is fine, questions about is fine, I answer when I can and get to, I can even open a channel on Discord for it to talk about it, or sending a message is fine. It is tempting to think about new things, especially somewhat rarer settings. Now some perspective from my point of view. Environments I’m not concerned about, cities and towns I can kit-bash, and after all not everywhere looks the same. Interiors? They are slightly more annoying, but you can create things that look right with suitable props. Steampunkish clock there, some pipe with a valve there... and so on. I did create a relatively believable dwarven city for ToaM. Clothing, items, transportation is a more problem. It’s partially a problem because where you draw the line technology wise. Steampunk motorcycles... I have a couple variants of them. Ideally, I would have wanted this image to have a flying machine of some sort. Problem is, most available are blimps, so it wasn’t exactly what I had in mind for the image. There are a few items that might fit the bill, but they are old, so the textures on them are lacking. Which isn’t a problem as long as material zones are set right... but not really something for now. So as I said, I don’t know what is next, it all depends on how I feel towards end of Sorcerer 2. This, terminus or ToaM? Or something completely different. I know it then. And way too early to think about it, well for most part anyway, my mind does what it wants. I’m not going to lie, I have about 95% of the setting already built in my head anyway so, did over the weekend... Right. Break, and then few more renders and a lot more writing. See you all on Friday...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.