Friday, September 11, 2026

Progress report 11.09.2026 (0.18.0) and Friday ramblings...

Hello all!

It is Friday once more. So, what’s up? The update has been sent for testing. Hooray. And that’s about it. Thus, what is left is writing for the most part and then starting rendering the 0.19.0 on Monday.

And since there won’t be previews, as I sort of ran out of things that don’t spoil stuff that is in-game. So, something else... with rambling, I suppose.


Right. The only one you recognize in this render is Tamara, and granted she is only there because she is currently the only demon I have made, along with Naha, but Naha is busy doing something else. So you could say she is a placeholder for something in this render. How does this relate to Sorcerer 2? Good question. 

I have notes; I have the story outline written down, how things start and how things end, mostly. Rest? Rest are ideas that I note down, goals to reach the end. And those notes change; what worked months ago might not work anymore. Which relates to other things, characters I make. I’ve said it before: I create a lot of characters; occasionally, I have no idea who they are; they just form in my mind. I knew what Tomas would look like months before I even considered making ToaM. He was just a character that appeared in my mind one day. The one in the orange shirt was made months ago. I think the first iteration was done before I started Sorcerer 2. In fact, the first render of her was in May 2025. Now you’ve seen her on a couple of occasions in the "Daily Motivation Renders." She has had a name; she is even mentioned in Sorcerer 2, but until now she was just that, a name and a mention. So what changed?

Certain story beats. I needed something for another character, to show her personality and how she is. And then it just clicked when I was reading something. It meant I needed two more characters (on top of the existing ones) and Kimberly was one of them... then it spiraled into something else. It expands the events with a couple of other characters. And all the notes I had for that particular plotline went out... hooray! More work for me though render wise, but it’s probably better. Anyway, I got some writing to do. You all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Progress report 11.09.2026 (0.18.0) and Friday ramblings...

Hello all! It is Friday once more. So, what’s up? The update has been sent for testing. Hooray. And that’s about it. Thus, what is left is w...